Sambal Nyonya Shrimp
This is a simple and fast dish that uses Madame Chu's Sambal Nyonya. You can substitute the shrimp with tofu.
10-12 medium-size shrimp shelled and deveined
1 cup thinly sliced onion (yellow, white or red)
1/2 cup of sliced cucumber to serve with the dish (optional)
3/4 cup frozen peasshrimp
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Madame Chu Sambal Nyonya (Buy Now) 3 tsp if you like it spicier
2 tbs water to thin the Sambal Nyonya
2 tbs cooking oil of choice
1. Season the shrimp with salt and set aside
2. Mix Madame Chu Sambal Nyonya with 2 tablespoons of water and set aside
3. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
4. Add the thinly sliced onions and fry them in medium to high heat until they are translucent
5. Add the frozen green peas and shrimp. Fry them for 2 minutes or less until the shrimp are cook through but not overly done.
6. Turn off the heat and add Madame Chu Sambal Nyonya and coat the shrimp with the sambal sauce.
7. Serve the Samal Nyonya Shrimp with steamed white/brown rice and a thinly sliced cucumber.